Flowers in Scottsdale, AZ - Knowledgebase Question

Scottsdale, Ar
Question by schutzkeys
What flowers can I plant that can stand the heat in Phx., AZ? Full or nearly full sun? Plants at your store are inaccurately labeled. Full sun in San Diego is NOT full sun in PHX. Tried with no success: salvia, gazanias, hibiscus...Am bored with vinca and lantana. When and where can hibiscus grow here? I love it. Flowering trees or bushes?

0

Hibiscus is one of those plants that thrive in the Phoenix heat. Choose the red flowering hibiscus - the yellow and orange don't work as well. There aren't many plants that will tolerate the summer heat during June, July and August but a few will. Here's a publication from ASU with lists of plants and the exposure they need, and bloom time that you might find helpful: http://cals.arizona.edu/marico...

Good luck with your landscape.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"