Flies around vegetable garden - Knowledgebase Question

Taylors, So
Question by jswingle2
I have a raised vegetable garden with squash, tomato plants, green beans and cucumbers. All of my plants are producing fine, but recently I have noticed a large swarm of small flies around many of my plants. They are about the size of fruit flies. I haven't looked closely at them, but I don't believe they are actual fruit flies. Any idea as to what they are and how to treat for them?

0

The flies are attracted to the sweet nectar in the flowers so as long as your veggies are flowering, you'll see flies around them. For the most part they won't do any damage - although they are annoying if you're working in the garden! There's really nothing you can spray to discourage them so I'm afraid you'll just have to put up with them! Best wishes with your garden!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"