Unwanted cat in my yard - Knowledgebase Question

katy, Te
Question by alfenafe
I have a

0

The best way to deter cats is to put a barrier between them and where they are digging. The cats will learn quickly and you can remove the barrier in a few weeks. Try chicken wire over the soil - cats don't like to walk on it. Keeping them off lawns is a difficult task. But, since cats are creatures of habit, you may be able to scare them away by turning on a sprinkler whenever they enter the yard. There are motion-sensor activated sprinklers for night. Another option is to string fishing line between stakes, keeping the line 6 inches above the soil surface and criss-crossing the line so there's 8-10 inches between the lines. The cats don't want to get caught in it and will eventually learn to visit somewhere else. However, if this is an open area where people might walk across and fall, that's a liability issue to consider. You'd have to mark it in someway that humans would recognize but cats would not! I hope this info helps.

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"