killing ground cover but not shrubs - Knowledgebase Question

Climax, Mi
Question by michelecookp
I have a large area that is covered by a ground cover that I despise, but it grew well in the shade. The shade making 150 year old Maple went down in a storm, so I would like to kill off the ugly ground cover and start over, but HOPE I can save a large Cork-Bark Burning Bush in the midst of it all. Is there a product that will kill grasses, weeds and ground-cover, but not the bush???

0

There are grass killing products that will be safe to use in the area but any broadleaf weed killers will also affect your shrubs. The herbicides cannot distinguish between the broad leaves of weeds and the broad leaves of shrubs and trees. So to control the grass, use Fertilome Over The Top or a similar product. For broadleaf groundcovers I'm afraid you'll need to dig them out, roots and all. Wish I had better news for you!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"