Stink Bugs - Knowledgebase Question

orange, Te
Question by danna_sims
I had the most beautiful All organic garden but the stink bugs were horrible and ruined my tomatoes. I checked my plants morning and evening and killed whatever I could but they still came back. We had a good, cold winter but it seems that did not phase them. Is there something I can spray or use organically to prevent them in the fall garden? I live in southeast texas. Thanks for your help!

Permethrin is the oldest, and most common, of the pyrethroid insecticides. It is widely available and is sold under a large number of different brand names (Martin?s Vegetables Plus, Bonide Eight Vegetable, Fruit & Flower, and Hi-Yield Garden, Pet & Livestock Insect Control are three examples). Permethrin is labeled for use on many different vegetable crops and is effective against many beetle, bug, and caterpillar pests. Because it controls so many different insect pests and is labeled for use on most vegetables, this is probably one of the most useful insecticides for home vegetable gardeners to keep on hand. Or, Bonide?s Total Pest Control product provides excellent, long-lasting control of problem insects around buildings, in turf, on ornamentals, on vegetables, fruit, shrubs, and trees. With any insecticide, be sure to apply according to label directions. Good luck with your garden!

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "prickly pads"