Bermuda grass and fertilizers - Knowledgebase Question

Newberry, Fl
Question by twistr25
I moved into my newly built house in November, where they also laid bermuda sod. It seems to never have gotten a good hold into the ground. Some parts are brown while others are green. Most is unshaded but even areas that are are still brown. I water regularly but have yet to fertilize it. What would you recommend to help me make my lawn something to be proud of?

Bermuda thrives on fertilizer. You should apply fertilizer to Bermuda two to three times during the growing season. In April, it will start to come out of its dormant state. When it is about 50% green, apply a slow-release, high nitrogen fertilizer to your lawn. Make a second application about six to eight weeks later or as directed on the bag. A third application in another six weeks may be desired. Apply a "winterizer" to Bermuda in late October to prevent winter injury. You can use a product such as Vigoro Ultra Turf Weed and Feed according to label directions. Hope this information is helpful.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Dan Bachman 2006 seedlings"