Seeding Lawn. - Knowledgebase Question

glendale heights, Il
Question by ravibbb
I Just moved to my brand new house. The Builder install Sod in the front and seeding in the back of the house. The seeding part has few big spots where there is no Grass growing. I did overseed several time but no grass is growing. What should I do. I live in Chicago.

0

I'd rake out the bare areas and work in some compost. If the sod did not make good contact with the soil the water you applied may have run beneath the sod rather than soaking into the root system. Working compost into the soil will raise the level a little and hold moisture which will help your new grass root and establish well. Be sure to check your sprinkler system to make sure it is reaching the brown areas. Sometimes sprinklers can miss spots in the lawn. Best wishes with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"