Late blight on tomato plants - Knowledgebase Question

Pittsburgh, Pe
Question by danfallon1
I see precautions on the news that late blight might hit our tomato plants again this year. As a preventative method I bought Ortho ecosense brand garden disease control and sprayed my plants. It seems that the leaves withered a bit afterwards. They stayed green but just look all curled up. Consequently, I am reluctant to apply another application. What should I do?

Your EcoSense is probably neem oil based and the oily residue can sometimes stress the leaves in the hot sunshine. Blight is a fungus and the sprays you use are protective in nature ? an attempt to keep the disease from taking hold. For this reason you?ll need to regularly spray you tomato plants ? usually every 7-14 days to keep them protected. Check the back of the label to see what repeat spray timing might be and stick to the recommendations. Otherwise your plants will be susceptible to the disease.

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Rose"