How do I get rid of chipmunks? - Knowledgebase Question

Beverly Hills, Mi
Question by sdprysby
Chipmunks are digging up my garden and flowers. Tried Repel All and it doesn't work. Solution?

Some gardeners find that natural predators along with a resident pet cat serve as sufficient deterrent to chipmunks, while others resort to trapping them. Have you tried flashing deterrents, such as pie tins on string, or bird scare tape? You have to keep moving it around, or they'll get used to it. Owl statues sometimes help, but again, you need move it, too. Other options include electric mesh fencing, spraying plants with hot pepper wax (found in many garden centers), surrounding your garden with a slippery, angled sheet of plastic or other surface, so they can't climb, etc. I hope one or a combination of these ideas works for you! Here are some addional details about controlling nuisance chipmunks if you decide it is necessary. http://muextension.missouri.ed... Best of luck!

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Sweet Alyssum 2"