MInt - Knowledgebase Question

Wilmington, De
Question by marykaser
I grow mint in a big pot and bring it in the house for the winter. It usually dies by spring. What do you suggest?

0

It may not be getting sufficient light indoors with shorter daylengths. Put it sunny south-facing window or supplement with a gro-light. Water to keep soil moist but not soggy, as herbs don't like wet feet. Drain saucer after watering so salts aren't reabsorbed. Herbs don't need alot of food, but if you didn't feed it last year, try fertilizing every two weeks with a half-strength solution of an all-purpose fertilizer. Mint will root along its stem, so if the plant starts to look peaked, try starting some new stem cuttings. I hope this info helps.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"