bugs - Knowledgebase Question

Las Vegas, Ne
Question by jmr930
How do I determine what is killing my flowers? It's starts in about June & whatever it is is eating the leaves off of my flowers. We have this problem every year in this same flower bed

0

If entire leaves are being eaten, it should be relatively easy to spot the culprit. Examine the undersides of leaves and along stems. If you don't see anything during the day, go out at night with a flashlight. Also look for dark pellets (droppings) that can signal location. Finally, if a alot of plant material is being eaten, it could be larger creatures, such as rabbits. When you find something, send another email with a complete description and we can suggest controls. Good sleuthing!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"