How long to lawn supplies last? - Knowledgebase Question

oakdale, Mi
Question by karlevert
I buy a big jug of Roundup or WeedBegone, and if I don't use it up, it does not seem to work very well the next season. If that's true, why don't they put expirations on it? I live in MN, is this damaged by freezing? Similar for grass seed - does it age ok, or do you need to throw away each season?

As long as the products are stored in average room temperatures they will last for many years when the lids are on tight. Grass seed loses viability as it ages. To keep it as fresh as possible store it in an airtight container in a cool, dark place that remains above freezing. I wouldn't throw the products or grass seeds away. Instead, use at the regular rates and be sure to store everything in a cool, dark place that remains above freezing.

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"