Re-planting an existing garden - Knowledgebase Question

Houston, Te
Question by rhondamurphy
I bought a house 5 yrs. ago that has a large garden on the front side of the house. It currently contains a wide variety of mixed trees and plants in oddball locations. Should I remove most of it (except the very large crepe myrtles) and start over or should I try to create a design from what is currently there? THanks.

0

That's one of those "six of one, half dozen of another" problems. It's nice to have some mature plant materials, but if you're not happy with it, it may be better to start fresh. I'd suggest thinking about what sort of garden space you want before removing plants. You may be able to work around some of them, or transplant them elsewhere in the landscape (although transplanting large mature plants can be tricky). Good luck!

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"