Daisys & blooming flowers - Knowledgebase Question

St. Peters, Mi
Question by ericameintz
I have several blooming flowers, that now the flowers are up, but then they die. Like daisys and daylillies. Do I need to trim these back whenever they die? If so will I get reblooms still this year? I dont just want dead flowers up the rest of the year..Please advise thank you!

0

Keep deadheading, or trimming off, spent blossoms to encourage the plant to continue producing flowers, rather than expending its energy on seed production. Some perennial plants have shorter bloom periods and deadheading won't make a huge difference. There are multiple blooms on a daylily flower stalk so you can remove each flower as it dries up, or wait until they have all finished blooming and then cut the stalk all the way down to the foliage. Some daylily varieties are rebloomers, others are not. If you know the variety, send us another email and we can help you figure that out. Hope this info helps!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Purple Crocus in March"