Tomatoes - Knowledgebase Question

Villa Rica, Ge
Question by wnucks
I have two Better Boys in the ground. Planted fertilized, sprayed for bugs etc. I got lots of flowers then fruit pretty quick, but that was it. So far my yield from both is about 12 tomatoes.They are about 6 feet tall. Do I need to cut them back? Same deal with my bell pepper plant. 1 pepper & no other visible blooms. All look healthy.Help please. Thanks

0

Tomato and pepper pollen isn't viable much over 90 degrees, so fruits won't set. What have your temperatures been? Another possibility is that the flowers aren't being pollinated at all because tomatoes are often ?self-pollinating.? Try gently tapping and shaking your plants in the early morning to see if you can get some fruit to set. It could be that they are obtaining too much nitrogen, which produces foliage at the expense of flowering and fruiting. If you keep them healthy over summer, they may start flowering and fruiting again as temps. cool. Good luck!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"