Lawn - Pet Urine - Knowledgebase Question

Winthrop, Ma
Question by m_shaver
I have a female dog that urinates in our yard & suddenly her urine is burning the grass. I've had the dog for 1.5 yrs & never had this problem before. What, if anything, can I do stop the grass burning. I always used the Scott's 4 step fertilizer program. I've heard that fertilizer & dog urine don't mix but never had problem before. Should I be using some other type of fertilizer on the grass?

0

I wish there were something magical you could do, but the salts in dog urine are what kills the grass. The best approach is to either hose the area off immediately to help dilute the salts, or confine the dog to a specific area which will leave the majority of your lawn unaffected.

Here is a website that contains more than you ever wanted to know about dog problems on the lawn:

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu...

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"