Why are my gerber daisies not blooming? - Knowledgebase Question

defiance, Mi
Question by donandtinash
I have several large pots of gerber daisies, which I have every year. This year none of them will bloom in any of my pots, why? Thank you for this service.

0

If growing conditions vary this year, it might effect the blooming. Gerbera's thrive in full sun and rich soil with excellent drainage. They prefer a thorough watering and then dry soil, followed by a flooding again. The plants need frequent feeding during the growing season and will produce new leaves and flowers if the old leaves and flowers are pinched off regularly. Use a fertilizer for blooming flowers so they don't get more nitrogen than they need, which promotes foliage at the expense of blooms. Plants generally grow about one-foot tall with erect flower stems about 1 1/2' tall.

Gerbera daisies are fussy about watering. Try not to splash water on the crown of the plant. Gerbera daisies like the nightime temperature to be about 60F degrees, and the daytime temperature about 75F. The plant will take full morning sunshine, but appreciates some afternoon shade. I hope this info helps.

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Tulips"