Mites - Knowledgebase Question

Orwigsburg, Pe
Question by whycanti67
My euonymus bush has white mites on it. Is there an effective way to get rid of them, or should I just get rid of it?

0

I'd try to control the mites before giving up on the bush. Strong sprays of water from beneath the plant will dislodge the pests and significantly reduce their ability to build up to damaging numbers. Use a high pressure, fine droplet spray once a week or more, making sure to contact the undersides of all the leaves for best results. The safest products to use are insecticidal soaps and horticultural or summer (not dormant) oils. Make sure and spray upward from beneath the plant as these products only work when they contact the pests. Spray early in the day when temperatures are cool and do not mix the spray stronger than the labeled rate. Retreatment every 10 to 14 days may be needed. Avoid oil sprays when temperatures rise into the upper 80's and above. Good luck!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Mixed Coleus"