Creeping Charlie - Knowledgebase Question

Avoca, Io
Question by ko8137
Don't know if my email went through but anyway I have this pest all over the yard and have tried several cures but nothing seems to destroy Creeping Charlie.

Please,

Your advice is most appreciated in this regard and

Thank you,

Kenneth

0

I've had many Creeping Charlie questions today, so I'm not sure if I answered yours or not. Anyway, Glechoma hederacea can be a real pest. Many gardeners have had good luck eradicating the plant by mixing 10 ounces 20-Mule Team Borax in 2-1/2 gallons of water and applying the mixture to their lawn. The boron doesn't affect the grass, but overwhelms the roots of creeping Charlie. Cool weather reduces its effectiveness so apply in May when the weather starts to warm. The University of Minnesota and Iowa State University have tested this recipe and report good results.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Gizmo the Gremlin"