Bell Pepper Color - Knowledgebase Question

Bethlehem, PA
Avatar for coolrun0
Question by coolrun0
In 1998, I planted pepper seeds that I dried from peppers that I bought at the grocery store during the previous year.

Much to my amazement I produced "white peppers". Do they really exist? Is this an abnormality?

I brought the plant inside before the frost. I currently have at least 1 white pepper on the plant and it appears that I will probably have about 1/2 dozen if all of the flowers develop.

Please let me know if this is normal or atypical.

Your peppers are certainly unusual! Peppers do come in a variety of colors, though, including the gamut from a chocolate brown to lavender to the more ordinary red, green and yellow. Enjoy your harvest -- let's hope they taste good!

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by RootedInDirt and is called "Asian Pear"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.