Growing Herbs - Knowledgebase Question

Woodridge, Il
Question by scheffboys
I am growing Oregano and Basil(which I bought at Home Depot!) They are both growing beautifully-I am not tooo sure how to cut them so I can use them in my kitchen-Thanx

0

How nice to hear of your success, most people write to us when they are having problems!

With basil, you can remove a few leaves to use any time. The plant should also be cut back periodically to encourage it to regrow more densely and to prevent it from flowering. Once it flowers the flavor usually turns bitter. And, as an annual, after flowering it usually declines.

Oregano can be treated the same as the basil. Use a few leaves whenever you wish, cut it back quite hard periodically to keep it growing dense and full. It too is better before it flowers.

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Tulips"