snap dragons - Knowledgebase Question

mims, Fl
Question by brandysmith_
My friend deadheaded her snap dragons, I picked up the cuttings, dried them out now I have seeds, How long do I have to wait to plant seeds to produce new plants?

0

Snapdragons like cool growing conditions, so you can start seeds indoors about 8 weeks before planting outdoors in your area. Or, you might like to start earlier to see what results you get. Snapdragons need cool (65F to 70F) temperatures and darkness to sprout. Use soilless seed starting mix, moisten it thoroughly, and then barely press seeds into the moistened mix. Enclose the planted containers in loose, clear plastic bags to maintain moisture and humidity. Place in a dark closet (or put a light-proof box over) until the seeds sprout in about a week. Then grow them in a sunny location indoors or beneath a grow light.

If your friend's snaps were hybrids realize that seed from hybrid plants will not mature identical to the parent plant. (A hybrid plant is produced by cross-pollinating two different parent plants.) Hybrid plants are labeled as such on seed packets and in catalog descriptions. Good luck with your snaps!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"