Something eating my basil - Knowledgebase Question

East Greenwich, Rh
Avatar for windowbox1
Question by windowbox1
How do I find out what is eating my basil. Bugs, slugs, etc? The basil is in a ceramic pot, on a shelf, on my outdoor patio. How do I treat these creatures so they will go away!

Without actually seeing the pest, it would be unwise to use something on your plant; what you use may or may not be effective. What does the damage look like? Little pinprick holes may signify something like flea beetles. Tattered edges is something with chewing mouth parts, such as caterpillars or hornworms. Entire leaves may signal larger creatures, such as rodents or rabbits. Examine the underside of leaves and along stems for insects that camouflage themselves. You might encircling the plant with wire to keep away larger creatures. If you find the culprit, send us another email and we'll provide some control methods. Good luck!

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by chhari55 and is called "Red passion flower"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.