Trumpet Vine - Knowledgebase Question

Baltimore, Ma
Question by estach
I have a 2+ year old Campsis radicans 'Flava'yellow Trumpet Vine bought from The Perennial Farm, it has never bloomed, they can't tell me why.

0

Campsis radicans is a large vine that likes lots of sunshine, does well in average soil, and blooms on new wood of the season. One of the most common reasons for this vine not to bloom is pruning at the wrong time. It can be pruned back as hard as necessary in late winter or early spring, but should not be pruned during spring or summer because this will trim off the wood that would set the flower buds. Another reason for lack of bloom is overfertilizing; if you fertilize it, do not exceed the label instruction amounts. Yet another reason for lack of bloom is less common but it does happen that individual plants are just slow to start and can take several years to become established and decide to bloom. Let's hope this is the year for yours to really take off!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"