2 questions - Knowledgebase Question

Long Beach, Ca
Question by annemcmills
2 questions (I'm a new gardener) --

1) I have a bouganvilla whose bracts are turning brown. does this mean it's dying? too little water? how do I fix it? any advice?

2) my orange tree has leaves that have curled. I treated it for spider mites but it still hasn't seemed to recover... but it hasn't died yet. any advice?

0

You can prune your bougainvillea back after the flowers have faded. Bougainvilleas bloom in about a 6 week cycle. They develop new growth, then flower, then rest. If you prune the plants back after flowering they will bloom a little sooner for you.

Summer weather can cause leaf curling in citrus trees. Since you've already treated for insect pests there's nothing more you need to do. Curled leaves won't affect your tree's ability to flower and produce fruit. Best wishes with your landscape.

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Tulips"