watering - Knowledgebase Question

Long Beach, Ca
Question by annemcmills
is there an approximate schedule that's best for watering? every other day? once a week? I have a moisture meter, but some of the problems my plants have may be from underwatering (according to the internet) like orange tree with curled leaves or bouganvilla with brown bracts. I live in Southern California. Any advice or tips?
Thank you.

0

Hi Anne,

Sorry for the late response due to the holiday. I'm guessing a little here because I don't know if your plants are established or are newly planted. But in any case, newly planted varieties will need on average (during these hot summer days) watering about every other day to help establish them. Being in Southern California, you may have some watering restrictions imposed by your city or town. In this case and regardless you may want to add some mulch around the base of your plantings. Mulch will help conserve moisture and prevent you from having to water as much. Also check the leaves or take a cutting to your local garden center to identify if the issue is a watering problem or something else. Hope this helps and good luck!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"