viburnum - Knowledgebase Question

Clermont, Fl
Question by mkmalys
One of our viburnum shrubs across the back has turned brown and died.One of the branches on the adjoining shrub has one dead branch. I use whole oak leaves as a mulch under those shrubs. Could that be the problem?

0

I don't think using the mulch leaves is the problem and it is difficult to know for sure without being able to look over a sample. If it was an insect, you may be able to prune out the infected areas, then the rest of the foliage should be relatively problem free. I suggest you take a sample of the plant and a photo if possible to your County Extension Office or garden center for identification, and if necessary, control recommendations. It could be that the plant was suffering from a root problem which in time will lead to dieback of part of the above ground parts of the plant. Thanks for the question. Please stop in again soon!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Gizmo the Gremlin"