Cucumbers - Knowledgebase Question

Lovettsville, Vi
Question by iwoods802
I planted my cucumber plants in my garden (full sun) around 5/31/2010. I have lots of flowers, but it appears that there are no cucumbers. On some of the plants, the cucumbers look wilted or dry. Can it be that the plants are not getting enough water. I also have tomatoes, peppers and squash in the garden and they all appear to be doing fine. I water my garden every day in the early a.m.

0

If the baby cukes are just emerging, it could be that the female blossoms weren't pollinated. This sometimes happens early in the season, before the male blossoms appear. It can also happen during cool spells when pollinators are less active. You can hand pollinate the blossoms yourself by taking a small artist?s paint brush or Q-tip and rubbing the pollen from the male (without a small fruit behind the flower) into the female (with a small fruit behind the flower). I hope this information helps!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Gizmo the Gremlin"