Crimson Meidiland Roses - Knowledgebase Question

White Lake, Mi
Question by babs26
A few weeks ago I planted 3 Crimson Meidiland Roses, which have now lost nearly all of their blooms. Is this normal at this time of the season? Do you have any suggestions &/or pruning advise to keep the roses healthy and blooming?? Or ideas to ensure they come back next year??
Thanks!!

0

Plants like roses that repeat bloom go through flushes of bloom- that is, they'll bloom heavily, take a break, set a new crop of buds, then bloom again. Also, it's common for newly planted plants to put more energy in to vegetative growth and getting established when they are newly planted, rather than in flower production. So I wouldn't be concerned- as long as they are in a suitable spot with at least a half day of direct sun, I'm sure they will begin reblooming after they settle in.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Blue My Mind"