Angel Trumpets - Knowledgebase Question

Port St. Lucie, Fl
Question by sharonlbanks
I am always having problems with two of my Angel Trumpets, nodules on the stems, falling leaves, yellowing leaves and saggy flowers. I spray them with disease control but it doesn't seem to help. I am ready to dig them up.

0

I'd hold off on spraying any more until you can identify the problem. Angel's trumpets are prone to wilting in too much sun and to overly dry conditions. Look closely for signs of insect activity -- a sticky substance (honeydew) from aphids or whiteflies, or insects or eggs on the undersides of the leaves. If the new growth looks healthy, I would remove the damaged growth and the plants may recover. If the new growth is also affected, then look at your watering and fertilizing regimen to make sure you're providing them with what they need. The plants also like a little shade in the afternoon in hot regions, so if they're in full sun they may be getting baked by too much sun. I hope this helps.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Gizmo the Gremlin"