Grubs - Knowledgebase Question

Davie, Fl
Question by DRTHANNUM
I am having a serious problem with Grubs (the large white ones.) I use the ortho granules for grubs once a month, is there anything else I can do? I am losing my lawn.

0

Japanese beetle grubs in the soil are best controlled by spraying beneficial nematodes on the lawn and garden area. These microscopic worm-like creatures attack only the grubs in the soil and not plants, animals or humans. Northern gardeners should apply nematodes in the spring and fall, when the soil contains insect larvae. The best time to control white grubs is in the fall. You can also spray in spring when the soil temperatures are above 55F. It's important to maintain soil moisture to keep the nematodes viable and so they can move easily through the soil. I suggest that you moisten soil well the day before you apply them, or wait until after it rains. You can read more details on using nematodes at the National Gardening Association: http://www.garden.org/articles....

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"