Philadendrom - Knowledgebase Question

Port St. Lucie, Fl
Question by sharonlbanks
Yellowing leaves and a drab look to the plant itself. I also have sprayed it and give it miralce grow with each watering. It is a porch plant.

0

My guess is that the plant may have continued saturated soil conditions that could cause the yellowing of the leaves. I would check the plants soil conditions 3-4" below the surface after 3 days and if it is very moist, I would then re-pot the plant in new soil. The plant may also be root-bound where the root systems have now out grown the pot and causing the plant to deteriorate (causing the yellowing of the leaves). Check by tipping the plant and inspecting the sides of the root ball mass. If it is root-bound you will want to prune the roots before replanting again as well.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"