Jade plant - Knowledgebase Question

Port St. Lucie, Fl
Question by sharonlbanks
My jade plant appears okay but it never seems to grow and its leaves are kind of soft and spongy feeling.

0

I can't say for sure what's wrong. It's possible you're not giving the plant enough water. If you've been giving it little drinks without an occasional thorough watering, this might be the problem. Water the plant deeply, making sure the entire root ball is moist, and let excess water drain. Then wait to water again until the soil has dried somewhat. (However, overwatering can cause root rot, so this is another possible cause of the problem.) In general, jade plants thrive in average daytime household temperatures with nighttime temperatures a little cooler. Indoors, the plant likes a bright windowsill with some direct sunshine. If it's growing outdoors it needs a tropical climate but needs light shade to protect it during the hottest part of the day. I hope this helps.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Mixed Coleus"