Rose Bush....dying? - Knowledgebase Question

Portland, Or
Question by cwpollock
I bought a rose bush from Home Depot and it had some dark spots on it. I was told this was from too much water. Since I have planted it the dark spots have never left and the leaves are turning yellow and falling off. Anything I can do? Is it dying?
Bunnie

0

It sounds to me like the fungal disease called black spot. It?s common on roses. Black spot is one of the most common diseases of roses. Fungicides will help control it, but you'll need to practice good garden sanitation (prune and remove the most obviously infected canes), and try to keep water off the leaves. Fungicides need to be applied every 7-14 days during the growing season. Some choices include Funginex, Daconil, Captan, Bravo. You'll find others in the garden section of your local Home Depot. I'm afraid black spot is just one of the challenges you'll face when growing roses, but the reward is worth the effort. I don't think there's anything quite as lovely as a garden filled with roses! Best wishes with your roses.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"