Pest Control - Knowledgebase Question

Dayton, Oh
Question by makeitso51
I have green beatles eating my flowers. What can I do to get rid of them?

0

You can try using the beatle traps. If placed at a distance from your plants, the traps can sometimes help to pull the beetles away, but for most of us our yards are too small for this strategy to work -- the trap is too close and thus does attract them to your flowering plants. The beetles can sometimes be deterred by using a spray containing neem. Be sure to read and carefully follow all of the label directions. You can also work to stop them at the grub stage by using milky spore on your lawn, although it takes time to see a difference in the adult population. Hand picking these critters early and late in the day (when they are sluggish) can also help somewhat, knock them off into a jar of soapy water. Also, you may notice that certain plants attract them like magnets. If you avoid growing these plants, you may have fewer beetles coming into your yard overall. Hope this helps and good luck!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Lilac"