foxtail palm trees - Knowledgebase Question

Port Charlotte, Fl
Question by reathainpara
how can I treat my foxtail palms that suffered from the frost this winter...they look sick...no color...sickly looking fronds...they do have new fronds growing. What can I do to help them recover?

0

I would give your foxtail palms the benefit of the doubt for the next month or two. Sometimes a frost will not only damage the fronds but also set them back for a while. They need to gather their strength in order to recover and then they need a little more time to develop new fronds. If you see new growth they will recover but as for now they will continue with this undesirable appearance. If you haven't yet done so, you may remove any dead unsightly fronds from the tree now. Hope this helps and good luck!

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Orange Crocosmia"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.