Apple Trees - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Barbara Sassano
Toms River, Ne
Question by sassylady054
Deers pulled most of leaves off last year. This year only one plant had leaves and deers again pulled not only leaves but branches off. Sprayed both with deer repelent, tree with leaves seems to be growing more leaves and deer left alone. But tree without leaves is still bare (2 weeks after spraying). Will both trees grow? They were only planted last year as babies.

0

Not sure unless I actually could inspect the tree to see if it was dead or declining to its death; You could inspect to see it the branches are brittle and snap easily to see if it died. If you scratch the bark side and see green beneath the top layer your tree may be alive. I would water it frequently and prune any deteriorated and eaten stems back to healthy growth & producing buds. you may want to add additional trees to help invigorate as well as pollinate one another. Hope this helps and good luck!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Dahlia & Water Hyacinth"