Maple Tree. - Knowledgebase Question

Atlanta, Mi
Question by sci_bugs
We planted a Crimson King Red Maple about 5 years ago and it doesn't seem to get bigger. It has nice leaves each year but that is it. Is there something we need to be doing to help it out.

0

My guess is that your tree may be placed in an area of highly undesirable soil conditions. It may be that the soils are consistently saturated, not allowing any air flow to the root systems and the tree roots are further damaged when the saturated condition in the winter freezes and hinders the establishment of the root system. You may want to dig around the tree to inspect both the soil conditions and the root system for a further review of the situation. You can take a soil sample to your local extension office for further review and guidance. Once your tree roots establish your tree will do very well. It doesn't appear to me that this is the case with your tree. Hope this helps and good luck!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"