Chiggers?? - Knowledgebase Question

Portland, Or
Question by millerhammon
Every time I set foot in my yard, I get instantly bitten and have a throbbing, violently itching bug bite. Sometimes, I have many. Usually around my feet and lower legs, but if I reach down to pick up a hose, or anything else, my hands get it. It has been itching for about a week now and wont go away. I need to know if this is chiggers? If not, do you know what it could be, and how to get rid

0

Chiggers do not live in Portland, Oregon - too much rain and cold winter temperatures so maybe there are fleas waiting for a nice warm body to nourish them? You can use a general insecticide (such as Sevin) on your lawn to rid it of fleas. Just check the label to make sure it is safe to use on your turf. Good luck with your eradication project.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"