Elephant Ear bulbs - Knowledgebase Question

Ogden, Ut
Question by imagdby
I planted 10 bulbs back in May, 6 in pots ans 4 in the ground. Due to the strange weather we had in May & June, it's possible the ones in the ground may have been frozen in the ground, but the ones in the pots were protected, but still nothing has moved. I checked on 2 in the pots last week, and they have not done anything since they were planted. They are still firm, not mushy. Advise please.

0

Elephant ears are slow to sprout in the spring. They love warm weather and won't budge until they are convinced that summer has arrived. I'm afraid you'll just have to wait them out. Next year you might want to start them indoors so they get a jump start on the season. You can plant them indoors in April and by the time the weather warms up in June they can go outdoors. Good luck with your plants!

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"