Weeds - Knowledgebase Question

Sunrise, Fl
Question by robinls34
What is the best product to buy to kill the weeds in my lawn, but not kill my lawn, or better yet to also fertilize my FL St.Augustine lawn? I need to get my lawn healthy and probably add new sod to some dead areas.

0

Fertilze St Augustine in March, June (optional) and September. The best fertilizers for lawns have a ratio of 4-1-2 or 1-1-1, with the nitrogen and potassium in "slow release" or insoluable form. A healthy lawn of St. Augustine grass is the best prevention against troublesome weeds, but a little plant knowledge will go a long way in ridding yourself of these unsightly invaders. Any and all weeds should be pulled at the earliest detection, but if a more serious approach is necessary, then consider a pre-emergent herbicide at the beginning of the weed's growing season. There are many different herbicides available, but be cautious with your selection. St. Augustine grass can be harmed by many of these, so be sure to check the back of the bottle and follow these directions carefully. Hope this helps and good luck with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"