Passion vine, leaves curling - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Mary Collard
Oceanside, Ca
Question by maryhiker200
Our passion vine was planted last year and has grown quite a bit, but the leaves curl and some are malformed. It has not yet produced any flowers or fruit. Any suggestions on how to help it? It is planted between a gardenia (small) and hybiscus (large).

0

Often perennial plants like vines put their energy into vegetative growth and getting established for a few years before settling down to flowering well, so you may just need to give your vine more time. Passion vine needs full sun and good soil drainage, but it also needs consistent moisture. The leaf curling may be a sign of stress from either too much or too little water. When you do water, water well enough to soak the root system, then let the soil dry out slightly before you re-water. Passion flowers are heavy feeders and will benefit from a dose of a complete fertilizer several times a year.

A comment from RitaAshe
Do you think I should remove all the curly leaves or just leave it? I have watered well as the roots must be well underground the plant is over 10 years old and the branches are quite thick. I don't want to lose it as it wS a cutting from my daughters plant after she passed away from Cervical Cancer 12 years ago, it means so much to me! Thank you for any advice you can give me. 😊

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "'Georgia Blue'"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.