Best variety of grass for lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Wesley Chapel, Fl
Question by gmvalentine
What would be the best variety of grass for a lawn in Tampa FL? I want something that is pest resistant and does not require constant watering. Is there such a thing? I really hate the St. Augustine I currently have.

0

I would replant with Bahia Sod. Fertilize Bahia in March each year, September is optional. The best fertilizers for lawns in your area have a ratio of 4-1-2 or 1-1-1 with the nitrogen and potassium in slow release or insoluble form. Once Bahia establishes it will not need the constant watering the St. Augustine required, If you have an irrigation system, set your controller to operate anywhere between 10pm and 6am. Water twice a week as per South West Florida Water Management District Guidelines. Hope this helps and good luck with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"