strawberry leaves yellow - Knowledgebase Question

Fort Collins, Co
Question by TammiVacha
My strawberry patch is not doing well. Many of the plant leaves are yellow; the fruit is extremely small. Watered fine. Most plants growing ok. The patch is 2 yrs old; we live in CO. Thanks for any ideas!

0

I can't tell from your description whether your plants simply need feeding or if you're dealing with soil nematodes. Parasitic nematodes are small round worms that range in size from one-sixty-fourth to one-sixteenth of an inch long. Some species of nematodes cause serious damage to strawberries when they occur in high numbers. Root-knot nematodes cause characteristic knots or galls on roots. Symptoms associated with root-knot and other nematodes include: stunting, yellowing of leaves, reduced berry yields, reduced production of runner plants, wilting, and general loss of vigor. It's difficult to diagnose without seeing the plant so you may want to take one to your local cooperative extension office for positive diagnosis. Good luck with your plants!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"