insect eating rose bush leaves - Knowledgebase Question

Charlotte, No
Avatar for tdavis907
Question by tdavis907
I have 2 'knock out' roses. both have 'lace pattern' holes in their leaves from something eating them. I don't see any insect on the plants. What is the problem and what do you recommend to fix it?

Lots of insects can damage rose leaves. Most common are beetles, caterpillars and leaf cutting bees. Without knowing which insect is the culprit, it's hard to make a recommendation. Sometimes simply hosing off the plants with plain water is enough to make the pests scurry away. If this doesn't work, you can use a broad spectrum product such as the neem oil based Rose Defense. It also protects against some diseases so it might be worth a try. Be sure to apply according to label directions. Hope this does the trick!

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by Murky and is called "Chicago Botanic Garden"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.