mole problem - Knowledgebase Question

los angeles, Ca
Question by ricardo0423
how can i control the mole problem in my garden because they eating all my flowers

0

Moles can be so exasperating! Wish there were an easier way to eliminate moles, but the best way to control these pests is by trapping. Invest in one or two scissors-type traps and set them in the active runs. The best approach is to use a stiff metal probe (like a straightened wire coathanger) to find the main runs. Start at a mound of soil and explore the ground with the probe, finding the longest tunnel. You'll be able to tell by whether or not the probe penetrates into the soil easily. Short tunnels are used infrequently, so your best chance of trapping will be by placing a trap in a frequently used main run. Once you've found a likely tunnel, set the trap and cover it with a section of turf or a board to exclude daylight. Keep setting the trap until you stop catching moles. It may take an entire season, but persistence pays off and eventually you'll reduce the population of the creatures. Healthy soil naturally has a large population of insects, which attracts moles.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Mixed Coleus"