raspberries - Knowledgebase Question

orange, Ca
Question by ctsoliz
when i pick my raspberries and rise them i usually put them on a white paper towel. i notice very tiny insects coming from them. not a lot but these tiny tiny bugs are crawling on the paper towel coming from the raspberries. what are they? i try to garden as organic as possible, so i do not use any insecticides or other sprays.

0

It may be the Mosaic virus. This disease is transmitted by aphids and appears only on black or purple raspberries. If you have Red Raspberries you may be carring the virus but there will be no symptoms, which may be the case for you. Or it just may be an aphid problem alone. I would take a cutting in to your local garden center to identify exactly what it may be to determine an appropriate solution. Hope this helps and good luck in the garden!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"