Peach Tree Help - Knowledgebase Question

Rochester Hills, Mi
Question by whinhamd
Hello. I live in Rochester Hills, MI What is the best way to nurture a peach tree that has been in stress? I lost a large branch last year due to the weight of the fruit and it has had leaf curl in the past. Best fertilizer? How do I treat the appearance of insects? Thanks!

0

The best thing for your tree is to try to minimize any additional stresses on the plants if you can. So if there is an extended period of dry weather, for example, you might give its roots a good soaking. Good times to fertilize are in early spring and again in early June; use about a pound of 10-10-10 or it's equivalent on an established tree. The easiest way to deal with insects and disease is to use a general purpose home orchard spray and follow the spray schedule for peaches on the label. Be sure to read and follow all label instructions and precautions when using any pesticide.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Daylily & Lantana"