cucumbers - Knowledgebase Question

tinley park, Il
Question by gkwoj
My cucmber plants were doing well now the leaves are turning yellow could it be to much water with all the rain we have had? Or something else

0

Yellow leaves can be caused by many things including lack of nitrogen, insufficient light, water-logged soil (plant roots need oxygen to thrive), dry soil, or iron deficiency. If the older bottom leaves are yellow, but new growth is green, it's usually a lack of nitrogen. If new leaves are yellow, with green veins, it's usually a lack of iron. (Lack of nitrogen is a more common problem than lack of iron.) Soil should be kept moderately moist (but not wet). Saturated soil can inhibit their ability to use nutrients. I'd bet it's your rainy conditions. Monitor plants and see if new growth isn't green as soil returns to normal. Good luck!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Lilac"