How to save waterlogged Japanese Maple - Knowledgebase Question

Mableton, Ge
Question by webreply
I have a Japanese Maple that had started to wither due to a waterlogged root ball (heavy clay soil was pooling water). The tree has been moved, but it was too late to save the current leaves - they have all dried up and are falling. What can I do to try and save the tree for next season? It is now in soil the drains properly. Thanks

0

Although you moved it to well drained soil, you will want to make sure that the soil is nutritiously great for the survival of the maple. I would add a bag of compost and mix it with the soil when planting. Also make sure that the hole you dig for the tree is at least 2x the size of the root ball. Water the tree every 3 days and continue to check the soil conditions (before watering) to ensure that you do not have a saturated soils. The maple should survive and you will soon see new leaves sprouting again soon enough. Hope this helps and good luck with your tree!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Textures"